- OH C
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement
Responsible for entry-level management functions with a focus on Fabrication Management. Training will occur within a wide range of departments potentially including, but not limited to: warehouse, fabrication, customer service, location management, production planning, etc. Abilities will be developed primarily through a combination of hands-on learning of individual functions, online learning, and the leading of continuous improvement projects and decision-making. Travel to various locations implementing procedures, assisting with training, and reviewing operations is required.
- Provide leadership and direction to each department for which he or she is assigned responsibility.
- Lead and complete programs and projects as assigned, such as: activities on the shop floor related to production and quality control, delivery schedules and controlling labor costs, and oversight on day-to-day operations and maintenance of production equipment. Will require analysis of data, and making of decisions and recommendations.
- Coordinates with Customer Service and Warehouse on a minimum daily basis to ensure the highest level of customer service and on-time delivery are maintained.
- Leads continuous improvement projects as assigned by manager.
- Assure that the highest standards are maintained for safety, housekeeping, and compliance with company policies and state and federal laws.
- Review and impact departmental budgets, including developing responsibility for, as assigned.
- Provides coverage of additional assigned responsibilities in manager's absence.
- Performs a variety of fabrication tasks as required by production needs, including operating powered and manual material handling equipment, loading and unloading pipe, and operating powered and/or manual banding equipment as needed to ready pipe bundles for shipment.
- Handles additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the manager.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, such as through leading team projects, extra-curricular activities (athletics, clubs, organizations), volunteer work, jobs, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to express well-reasoned, independent thought.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Minimum 1 year in a lead or supervisory role, preferably manufacturing.
- 2-yr degree or trade school certifications with equivalent experience preferred. 3+ years' experience in the field of: Industrial, Welding and Fabrication, Mechanical, or Production also considered.
- Ability to travel 50% of the year with the potential of relocating.
- Relevant internships, including skill development, variety of experience, and travel (preferred).
- PC proficiency at an intermediate level, min.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!