- WA K
- Kent, WA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Boot Reimbursement
1st Shift: 6:30am - 3:30pm or 7:30am - 4pm. NOT SEASONAL!
Warehouse Attendant performs the receiving, shipping, and material handling responsibilities in the warehouse. The Warehouse Attendant assists management with completion of inventory cycle counts and accuracy, back order filling, as well as the movement of materials into and out of the facility including the coordination of freight movement and carrier selection.
- Operates forklift in order to pick orders or receive in stock and load and unload pipe and other material from flat bed and/or box type trailers.
- Audit incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure accuracy.
- Processes transactions utilizing RF technology and/or by identifying items on a paper pick ticket according to bin location, part number, and/or description, or other method used within facility.
Utilize JDE operating system in inquiries for shipping and receiving functions.
- Lift boxes of material to and from locations for shipping and receiving processes and procedures.
During packing confirm correct material pulled during picking process and ensure all materials are packed properly.
- Operate banding equipment to ready pipe bundles for shipment when required.
- Work with the manager to troubleshoot all receiving and shipping complaints to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence.
- Utilize Varsity system or similar software to accurately ship packed materials and utilize rate shopping software (Ratelinx) for LTL shipments.
- Coordinate transportation logistics, including Viking truck deliveries and driver schedules.
Assist manager with maintaining warehouse resources, shipping supplies and other consumables, including minor facility maintenance.
- Completes training curriculum including but not limited to safety requirements while demonstrating an acceptable level of competence as defined by management.
Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Handles additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the warehouse manager or branch operations manager.
- Minimum of 1 year in a previous warehouse or material handler position.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to express well-reasoned, independent thought.
Basic keypad and/or keyboard skills.
- Prior experience with RF technology used in bar coding environment.
- Experience performing inventory tasks such as cycle counting, inventory audits, inventory transfers, etc.
- 1 year working in a multitask environment while under time constraints.
Basic arithmetic skills required using whole numbers and decimals.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!