- MI H
- Hastings, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement
1st Shift: 8am - 5pm
Responsible for managing a group of designated supplier accounts, based on product type or commodity. The key function is to support the Purchasing Department's organizational and operational objectives, with particular emphasis on supporting the manufacturing operations of the Hastings, Michigan production facility. This includes day-to-day ordering/replenishment, managing supplier on-time delivery and product quality, managing purchased part inventory levels and inventory costs, and leading & supporting production kaizen teams.
- Place day-to-day purchase orders based on MRP requirements.
- Manage on-time supplier delivery performance.
- Implement necessary corrective actions based on performance issues.
- Work with suppliers to implement kaizen projects to reduce costs. Examples: establishing consignment inventory programs, developing kanban programs, blanket orders with multiple releases to gain more inventory turns, etc.
- Manage the purchased material support of day-to-day manufacturing operations while maintaining optimal inventory levels
- BA in Supply Chain Management plus three years purchasing/planning experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment; or equivalent.
- Up to 20% travel for supplier evaluations and audits.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both suppliers and internal departments.
- Ability to work independently and complete projects to achieve goals.
- Ability to lead internal teams to implement change to reduce costs.
- Prefer experience using JDE system.
- Prefer experience ordering brass castings, ductile iron castings, screw machined parts, steel stampings.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!