- TN N
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement
The Warehouse Supervisor is a hands on supervisor who coordinates and/or performs the receiving, shipping, and material handling responsibilities in the warehouse. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the completion of inventory cycle counts and accuracy, back order filling, as well as the movement of materials into and out of the facility including the coordination of freight movement and carrier selection. Works to manage within budget goals.
- Warehouse Supervisor provides leadership, guidance and training in all warehouse functional areas, including shipping, receiving, warehousing, cycle counting, and material handling. To include, but not limited to, equipment, software, and company policies and procedures.
- Processes transactions utilizing RF technology and/or by identifying items on a paper pick ticket according to bin location, part number, and/or description, or other method used within facility.
- Warehouse Supervisor ensures all materials are packed properly.
- Audits incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure accuracy.
- Warehouse Supervisor coordinates with Customer Service and Fabrication (in joint facilities) on a minimum daily basis to ensure the highest level of customer service and on-time delivery are maintained, including leading and/or assisting in leading required meetings.
- Assures that the highest standards are maintained for safety, housekeeping, and compliance with all government and company standards. Conduct and record regular safety meetings and training.
- Leads continuous improvement projects as assigned.
- Troubleshoots all receiving and shipping complaints to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence.
- Utilizes Varsity system or similar software to accurately ship packed materials and utilize rate shopping software (Ratelinx) for LTL shipments.
- Coordinates transportation logistics, including Viking truck deliveries and driver schedules.
- Manages warehouse resources, shipping supplies and other consumables, including minor facility maintenance.
- Utilizes current operating system (JD Edwards) in inquiries for shipping, receiving, and back order filling functions.
- Conducts shipping and receiving processes and procedures as required to fill customer needs.
- Operates banding equipment to ready pipe bundles for shipment when required.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Handles additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the manager.
- Supervises assigned employees, including assessing and planning for overtime needs.
- Minimum 4 year degree in related field or 2 year degree with additional equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Lean Warehouse or Distribution environment.
- Minimum of 3 years in a Supervisory/Management role.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including ability to express well-reasoned, independent thought.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- PC proficiency at an intermediate level.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!