- GA D
- Doraville, GA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement
Shift: 10am - 7pm Monday through Friday
Warehouse Lead coordinates and/or performs the receiving, shipping, and material handling responsibilities in the warehouse. The Warehouse Lead is responsible for the completion of inventory cycle counts and accuracy, back order filling, as well as the movement of materials into and out of the facility including the coordination of freight movement and carrier selection.
- The Warehouse Lead provides guidance and training in all warehouse functional areas, including shipping, receiving, warehousing, cycle counting, and material handling. To include, but not limited to, equipment, software, and company policies and procedures.
- The Warehouse Lead processes transactions utilizing RF technology and/or by identifying items on a paper pick ticket according to bin location, part number, and/or description, or other method used within facility.
- The Warehouse Lead ensures all materials are packed properly.
- Audit incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure accuracy.
- Operate powered and manual material handling equipment in order to pick orders and/or receive stock.
- Use forklift to load and unload pipe and other materials.
- Coordinate with Customer Service and Fabrication (in joint facilities) on a minimum daily basis to ensure the highest level of customer service and on-time delivery are maintained.
- Assure that the highest standards are maintained for safety, housekeeping, and compliance with all government and company standards.
- Lead continuous improvement projects as assigned by manager.
- Work with the manager to troubleshoot all receiving and shipping complaints to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence.
- Utilize Varsity system or similar software to accurately ship packed materials and utilize rate shopping software (Ratelinx) for LTL shipments.
- Coordinate transportation logistics, including Viking truck deliveries and driver schedules.
- Manage warehouse resources, shipping supplies and other consumables, including minor facility maintenance.
- Utilize current operating system (JD Edwards) in inquiries for shipping, receiving, and back order filling functions.
- Lift boxes of material to and from locations for shipping and receiving processes and procedures.
- Operate banding equipment to ready pipe bundles for shipment when required.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Provide coverage of additional assigned responsibilities in manager's absence.
- Handle additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the manager.
- The Warehouse Lead will have 3 - 4 years experience leading or supervising a team of employees in a distribution center environment
- The Warehouse Lead will have excellent communication skills, including ability to express well-reasoned, independent thought.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead a team in a fast pace environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with RF gun in a pick/pack environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing inventory tasks such as cycle counting, inventory audits, inventory transfers, etc.
- Intermediate level proficiency working with a computer and warehouse management systems.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!