- MI H
- Hastings, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement
3rd Shift: 11pm - 7am
Supervises and coordinates activities of production employees.
- Periodically inspects products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
- Administers vacations, personnel leave and time off associated with their subordinates.
- Enforces shop rules and associated discipline.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
- Analyzes and assists in resolving work related problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records through use of DSI system.
- Estimates, requisitions and inspects materials.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of union contract and administers implementation within the department.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing Engineers to develop, build and design various fixtures and tooling.
- Fills in for other Supervisors during their absence.
- Administers training programs to continually develop plant personnel reporting to the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 - 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
Familiar with reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
Experience speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in different units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Knowledge and experience computing rate, ratio and percent and drawing and interpreting bar
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form.
Demonstrated ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations is required.
Viking Group https://vikinggroupinc.applicantpro.com
Sign Up For Job Alerts!