- MI H
- Hastings, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement
This position is responsible for the monthly close and has functional responsibility for production/financial reporting, monitoring of actual results, forecasting and analysis for plant activities. The position works closely with Plant and Business Unit Managers. A strong cost accounting foundation is required for the ongoing analysis of product costing, margin analysis and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
- Prepares all required plant daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements.
- Closes the monthly books for the plant along with all required supporting schedules and reconciliations.
- Prepares and updates cash flow forecasts.
- Manages month-end activities, variance analysis and monthly reconciliations.
- Prepares forecasting, budgeting and ad hoc financial analysis.
- Plans, studies and collects data to determine costs of actual business activities such as raw material purchases, inventory, labor and overhead at the plant.
- Analyzes changes in production configuration, raw materials or manufacturing methods to determine the effects on product costs and internal product margins.
- Provides plant management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting process and profitability of products.
- Analyzes and reconciles monthly inventories at the plant and 3rd party processors.
- Updates standard costs in the bill of materials.
- Reports on margins by product and product category.
- Reviews standard and actual product costs for accuracy.
- Accumulates, calculates and applies overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Supports the annual physical inventory counts.
- Analyzes capital budgeting requests including ROI analysis.
- Assists production management with assessment of "continuous improvement" projects and processes, measure and report progress toward planned goals.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards E1 software is desired or experience with ERP systems.
- CPA or CMA is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, written and verbal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters of confidentiality discreetly.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory experience.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!