- CA R
- Riverside, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement
1st Shift! Monday - Friday!
The Fabrication Manager is responsible for working with Branch Operations Manager to manage all activities on the shop floor related to production and quality control. Ensure delivery schedules are met while controlling labor costs. Fabrication Manager monitors production output on a daily basis to make sure production standards (output per person) are met. Contribute to maintenance of production equipment. Responsible for employee discipline and oversees day-to-day operations.
Fabrication Manager provides leadership, guidance and training in all fabrication areas. To include, but not limited to, equipment, software, and company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with Customer Service and Warehouse on a minimum daily basis to ensure the highest level of customer service and on-time delivery are maintained.
- Assures that the highest standards are maintained for safety, housekeeping, and compliance with all government and company standards.
- Fabrication Manager leads continuous improvement projects as assigned by manager.
- Works with the manager to troubleshoot all fabrication issues to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence.
- Conducts standard metrics reporting as assigned by manager.
- Manages resources and consumables.
- Provides coverage of additional assigned responsibilities in manager's absence.
- Handles additional tasks necessary to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the manager.
- Supervises assigned employees, including assessing and planning for overtime needs.
- Assures that the highest standards are maintained for safety, housekeeping, and compliance with all company and government standards, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Reports all safety, product, machine maintenance, and manpower issues and needs to Branch Operations Manager in a timely manner, and provide resolutions. Monitor daily machine maintenance and perform basic equipment set-up functions.
- Monitors production schedule and resolve potential problems or bottlenecks.
- Performs quality control operations, and report results of quality audits to Branch Operations Manager. Represent facility inn any regional and/or national quality initiatives.
- Fabrication Manager performs a variety of fabrication tasks as required by production needs, including operating powered and manual material handling equipment, loading and unloading pipe, and operating powered and/or manual banding equipment as needed to ready pipe bundles for shipment.
Minimum 3 years in a supervisory role, preferably manufacturing.
- Minimum 4-yr degree in related field or 2-yr degree with equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including ability to express well-reasoned, independent thought.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- PC proficiency at an intermediate level, min.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!