- MI G
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Fitness Center Reimbursement
Works under the direction of the Vice President Technical Services to provide expert product liability support and management for all customer claims, insurance subrogation claims and litigation associated with products distributed or sold under terms of the Viking Corporation, Viking Fabrication, Viking Plastics and Minimax USA's Limited Warranty. Emphasis is placed on determining the accuracy of the information provided with the claim, establishing records, research information and providing support to attorneys. Works with the Vice PresidentTechnical Services and Manager-Warranty Returns to develop the appropriate response and action directed to the customer.
- Assists the Vice President Technical Services, carries out the goals and objectives of the Company.
- Upon receipt of reports of any product liability claim the Manager-Claims proactively engages the report to determine the validity of the alleged issue. After determining the validity and extent of the claim, works to begin immediate department action and assist assigned Vice President-Technical Services in determining the appropriate response.
- Using knowledge of product liability issues, claims management, insurance subrogation to document the situation, write reports, response letters and retains experts as directed by the Vice President Technical Services.
- Works with outside independent experts that have been retained by Viking, attends and overseas expert inspections of Viking products. Assists the experts by locating and providing equipment drawings and specifications from the appropriate Viking entity.
- Works with Viking attorneys to provide discovery documents, answer interrogatories and provide verifications. Reviews and tracks the status of all product liability litigation and attends legal meetings as necessary.
- Works to retain counsel as necessary, tracks and approves legal invoices, oversees the claims databases and ensures proper document retention in accordance with the ISO QA documents.
- Using exceptional customer service and communication skills, provides direct support related to claims issues to all Viking entities, sales force members, operations personal and customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (4-year) in business, English or communications. 5 years' experience.
- Knowledge of product liability claims, litigation and insurance subrogation will be given preference.
- Knowledge of legal documents and terminology.
- Experience with conducting field investigations and working with independent experts will be given preference.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and verbal skills. Outstanding writing skills is essential.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!